"Selection is based on need, ability to pay and willingness to partner with Habitat"
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be a Nassau County resident for at least one year at the time you submit an application.
- You must provide documentation showing a minimum annual household income of $45,000.
- You must provide a copy of a recent credit report, federal and state income tax returns from the last two years and the most recent W2 form.
- You must be willing to work 300 hours towards the building of your home or other Habitat projects (adult family members and friends can help).
- You must attend a "financial workshop". This is a ten hour program which teaches the financial responsibility involved with owning a home. The time spent in this workshop will be applied towards your 300 work hours. For information on financial workshops visit the websites of or call Nassau County Economic Development Office of Housing, Homeownership Center at (516) 572-1903 or the Community Development Corporation of Long Island (516) 867-7727.
If you think you qualify, download a Homeowner Application and Fact Sheet or call the HFHNC office at (516) 627-6047 to request one be mailed to you.
The Sponsors of Habitat for Humanity in Nassau County help the organization thrive both on the build site and off. Sponsors can donate towards the building of Habitat Homes or towards fundraising events held. Whether you are part of a corporation or just and individual, you can sponsor Habitat Nassau.