"Selection is based on need, ability to pay and willingness to partner with Habitat"
Please note that Habitat, Nassau County has currently suspended the acceptance of applications for our affordable homeownership program due to the high volume of incoming applications over the last year.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- You must provide documentation showing a minimum annual household income of $45,000.
- You must provide a copy of a recent credit report, federal and state income tax returns for the last two years and the two most recent W2 forms.
- You must be willing to volunteer 300 hours towards the building of your home or other Habitat projects (adult family members and friends may help).
- You must attend a "financial workshop". This is a ten-hour program which teaches the financial responsibility involved with owning a home. The time spent in this workshop will be applied towards your 300 volunteer sweat equity hours. For information on financial workshops visit the websites for the following agencies or call Nassau County Economic Development Office of Housing, Homeownership Center at (516) 572-1903 or the Community Development Corporation of Long Island (516) 867-7727.
If you think you may qualify, download a Fact Sheet or call the HFHNC office at (516) 627-6047 to request one be mailed to you.